Logga in Läkemedel
SPRUTOR OCH KANYLER
BEKLÄDNAD OCH OP-DUKNING
RENGÖRING & DESINFEKTION
SONDER OCH KATETRAR
HOV KLÖV KLO
SEMIN OCH FÖRLOSSNING
LÄS MER OM PAKETSPÅRNING >>
First aid for emergency vets
First aid for emergency vets
I samarbete med ANICURA. 30-31 augusti 2018. GÖTEBORG
2-dagarskurs för smådjursveterinärer
Kursen är godkänd för tillgodoräknande som kurs inom specialistutbildningen i hundens och kattens sjukdomar, steg 1.
To give participants knowledge and confidence to take care of most common emergencies in small animal practice. Updated skills in emergency medicine are as important for veterinarians working in smaller clinic as for veterinarians at large referral small animal hospitals. There will be practical training in CPR and blood gas analysis, applying theoretical knowledge on clinical cases.
- Who is first? And who is next? Triage and initial management of the acute patient.
- Patients come with owners… Communication in an emergency setting.
- Shock – recognition, treatment and further work up.
- Fluid therapy for the acute patient – what do we give? And how much and how fast?
- The acute abdomen - step by step work up to the most common abdominal emergencies.
- Dyspnea: Approach to the dyspneic patient - Diagnostics including T-FAST, thoracocentesis, oxygen treatment.
- Heart or lungs? Common causes of dyspnea.
- Reading the bubbles: Blood gas and electrolytes.
- Diabetic ketoacidosis - Why hyperglycemia is not your main problem.
- Intoxications – What are the more common poisonings in small animal practice and how do we deal with them?
- The real deal of emergency medicine - CPR.
- A hands on approach to CPR.
After this course the participants should be able to:
- Explain the term triage, know the different categories of triage and apply this knowledge in a practical setting
- Explain the term shock, the different kinds of shock and the basis of shock treatment.
- Adequately manage, work up and stabilize a patient in shock
- Adequately manage, work up and stabilize a patient with an acute abdomen, acute dyspnoea or an intoxication.
- Have knowledge of blood gas analysis and be able to apply this to clinical cases
- Diagnose and adequately manage a patient with DKA
- Be familiar with RECOVER and know the basics of CPR
- Perform CPR on a mannikin
Laura J. Ruys,
DVM, Dipl. ACVECC
Laura Ruys graduated in 1998 at the Utrecht University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
In 2000 she did an internship at the same University. After this internship, she worked in the Emergency Clinic for Animals Amsterdam, now part of the Medical Center for Animals, for 12 years. In 2007 she started her residency Emergency and Critical Care in Bern, Amsterdam, Utrecht and Guelph (Canada) and became a boarded specialist in 2012.
In 2013 and 2014 she worked as a criticalist in Tierklinik Dr. Krauss in Dusseldorf, Germany. In 2015 she returned to the Netherlands and has since worked in the Anicura Veterinary Referral Center Dordrecht as head of the department Emergency and Critical Care.
DVM, BVSc, MSc
Emelie Pettersson graduated from The University of Melbourne with a veterinary degree in 2008. After working six months in mixed practice in Sweden she returned to Australia to work as an emergency and critical care veterinarian at the Animal Emergency Centre, a state of the art intensive care animal hospital in Melbourne. She returned to Sweden in 2012 and commenced work at Specialistdjursjukhuset Strömsholm where she was the head clinician in the emergency department. In 2014 Emelie finished a Master of Science from The University of Edinburgh that she studied parallel to her clinical work. In 2015 Emelie commenced employment at the University Animal Hospital at SLU in Uppsala and she is currently doing a PhD at that same University.
DATE AND LOCATION
30-31 of August 2018,
Elite Plaza Hotel, GOTHENBURG(SWEDEN)
Thursday 30 of August 08.30-17.00. Coursedinner Thursday evening
Friday 31 of August 09.00-17.00
The price includes course compendium, stationery, coffee and meals. The price does not include taxes (moms/VAT) or accommodation.
Register here >>
9th august 2018
For more information, please feel free to contact Lina Junker at:
, +46 70-202 18 22
Inbjudan i pdf
Kundtjänst: 0771 - 21 55 00
KUNDTJÄNST ÖPPET VARDAGAR 8-17
Verkstadsgatan 8, SE-275 39 Sjöbo,
Tel: 0771 21 55 00, Fax 0416 258 31
Ulls Väg 33, SE-756 51 Uppsala
Tel 0771 21 55 00, Fax 018 30 09 80
JOBBA HOS OSS
VILLKOR OCH INFO
BESTÄLL SÅ HÄR